Thursday, November 27, 2008

WINTER SETS IN

It's Thanksgiving day. We've seen weather here on Keuka Lake that we don't typically see until January or February. Snow and cold! I'm in charge of the holiday decorations for the village square in Hammondsport and my time has been spent working on new pieces for that endeavour. Currently I am making a prototype guard tower for life sized toy soldiers. I don't have a picture today of the progress but I'll post one this week as the project progresses. My visions for the holiday on the square include a new toy shoppe for Santa and a sleigh with 9 reindeer sculpted from wood. I will sculpt an elf sitting upon a stump with fiberoptics running through his arm and coming out in his hand to simulate the magic dust he'll be feeding the reindeer.
Cool huh?

No comments: